Creative Writing is far more than leading your children to make up fanciful stories. It offers a multitude of educational opportunities building skills your children will use throughout their lifetimes.
Martin Luther said, “If you want to change the world, pick up your pen!” He was spot on. Harriet Beecher Stowe was hailed as the little woman who started this great Civil War by President Abraham Lincoln through the influence of her novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin. If the written word is paramount in influencing the world around us, how can we as educators develop it in our homeschools?
· It teaches strategic thought and problem solving through learning how to write a plot
· It teaches close observation through learning to develop sensory writing which will overflow into science class!
· It teaches characterization, producing self expression and empathy
· It teaches sentence structure and format in a fun way
· It teaches how to unleash creativity, how to think outside the box, invent and practice imagination
· It helps children succeed and grow in confidence. They may not feel brave enough to tackle a new skill, or process a current life experience but through speaking through the eyes of the characters they can write about it.
Grab the coupon for the BIG BUNDLE SALE and find some of our books in it!